Last night D and I watched our shows and ate Chinese takeout. I'm trying to be better about what I'm eating but I just had to celebrate Chinese New Year. Yeah, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Really though, I have a serious addition to Chinese food. I would eat it three or four times a week if D would stand for it.
I really love swapping books through Bookmooch. I received a book last night called Curly Girl. It came at just the right moment, as I am sick to death of my hair and am ready to just cut it all off. Lots of humor in this book and some interesting ideas. One of which is that women born with naturally curly hair are actually mermaids (because our hair can be unruly when dry but manageable when wet)! D and I found this particularly amusing. It is an on-going joke in our household that I am half-mermaid. I spend an inordinate amount of time in the bathtub and I am always happiest around water.
Worked 8 hours today, the first full work day for me since Tuesday. I would have taken a half-day today as well but I had to stay and run a credit card order this afternoon. Next week D will be doing some off-site training for his new position so carpooling will be interesting. I'll likely have to wait for him to finish his session before picking me up, but I don't mind. Next week I start my group read of The Brothers Karamazov and I'll need all the reading time I can get.
Tomorrow morning we're meeting LRL and BBL for a prayer breakfast at IHOP. I hope they're still having the all-you-can-eat pancake special for $4.99.
Friday, January 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment