Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Blessings of Angels

Finally opened the box Mom sent me. I wasn't sure if it was Birthday or Christmas or both so I unwrapped it mid-way between them. That's one thing I dislike most about having a December birthday. I think I'll have to start celebrating my un-birthday instead. Mom blessed me with some beautiful angels this year. The pewter ornament went directly onto the tree, she's so pretty with my birthstone. And she helps balance the silver angel I bought in Williamsburg, which usually sticks out like sore thumb. Mom also gave me a beautiful angel statue. She said I needed an 'angel of color'. Actually, D and I already have a 'Black' angel on the tree. We bought her at Cracker Barrel, of all places. They had a Caucasian version of the same ornament, but it just wasn't as pretty.



Mom also gave me a teal waste basket for our 'couple cave'. It's actually something I've been meaning to purchase and so it is the perfect gift. She also re-gifted me something I gave her earlier in the year, which is fine, I told her she could. I'm not saying what it is, because I'm regifting it to someone else in the family. It's the gift that keeps on giving.



Mom also sent a combined gift for D and I. We decided to save that one for Christmas. It's sitting under the tree and it's been driving me crazy. Is this the kind of anticipation I felt as a child at Christmas? I don't remember.


THANK YOU MOM!

Today my thoughts are with LRL and BBL as they leave for Sweden. I'm praying they have glitch-free travel, excellent health and that they have a wonderful, wonderful time.

No comments: