Saturday, November 22, 2008

Another Walk in the Woods

This morning D and I got out of our nice warm bed and took another walk in the woods. It was chilly, but not nearly as cold as we thought it was going to be. We stayed local this time and visited Conestee Nature Park here in G'ville. It was not a challenging hike by any means, however, it did give us some exercise and keeps us in practice. Sadly, there were no pretty waterfalls to look at but some of our walk was beside the Reedy River. At first I thought the side creek was stagnant but then D mentioned the ice and I realized it was just frozen. I didn't know we have wetlands here in G'ville. Or beavers! It's a nice little trail and I think it must have been very pretty when the leaves were turning. Most of the leaves were on the ground today and we made quite a bit of noise walking, which is probably why we did not see any fox or deer or anything except a few birds. It was very peaceful and I enjoyed it.
Our hike went quicker than expected and the restaurant wasn't open, so we killed some time in Whole Foods. We picked up some more organic Butternut Squash so that we can take a pie to SRL's on Thursday, per LRL's suggestion. We were hungry and we sampled just about everything they had out in the store.
D took the not-so-subtle hint I left him earlier this week and took me to PF Chang's for lunch. Which means we ate oriental food on both Thursday and Saturday. I guess I need to stop lying to myself and admit that I'm an addict. We shared a pot of Dragon Eye Oolong tea. D had Egg Drop soup and Crispy Honey Chicken. Except for the small bowl that D ate, I consumed an entire tureen of Chang's Chicken Noodle Soup. It was about four small bowls worth. I could tell the waitress was surprised to find the tureen empty when she cleared it off the table. I love that stuff. The oriental noodles are not doughy, it has big slices of shitake mushrooms and the small bits of tomato give it a bright punchy kick. It has forever ruined me for canned chicken soup.
This morning to my great surprise, the scale showed 181 - another new low. And after a Thanksgiving potluck, too! I'm sure that with half a pot of tea and a tureen of soup in me I must weigh at least 5 pounds more than that right now!
When we came home we noticed that Feni seemed more spritely than he usually is. He actually started bringing toys to us, which he hasn't done in several months. So we played fetch and tug for a little bit but not for too long. I didn't want him to overdo and then hurt later tonight. It did my heart good to see him play and enjoy himself.

No comments: