Yesterday was a beautiful afternoon. My flight from Melbourne was gorgeous - white fluffy clouds and blue skies. Looking out the window, I kept reciting the poem High Flight.
Pulled into Concourse C in Atlanta with 15 minutes to make my connection to Charlotte. I rushed as fast as I could to Concourse A but I missed my connection by six minutes. I definitely got my workout, my heart was racing, I was trembling and out of breath. The snarky gate attendant wouldn't change my flight for me there at gate A33. She made me trudge all the way to Delta customer service across from A18. When I got there I found the computer had automatically rebooked me on the next flight to Charlotte. That was neat. I had two hours to wait. On my way back down Concourse A, to gate A25, I passed a Ben and Jerry's. I knew I didn't have the calorie allocation for it, but at that point, I just didn't care. I stopped and got two scoops of Chocolate and then ate it in front of everybody at gate A25. Decided I didn't want to wear my athletic shoes anymore or for that matter, the pants I had on, and since I had all of my stuff with me, I went into the bathroom and changed. That felt good - I was in control of something for once. Finally got on my flight to Charlotte at 8:22. We started down the runway and then they informed us there were bad conditions at Charlotte so we had to wait on the tarmac for clearance to leave. When I called D earlier to tell him about my new flight, he told me it was raining, but I didn't think anything of it at that time.
It was so nice to have D's arms around me in Charlotte. We got home right at Midnight. I felt so bad about not spending time with the animals, but I was beat and I had to get up and work in the morning, so we went straight to bed. It's good to be home.
Lessons Learned:
1 - avoid 30 min layovers in Atlanta
2 - buy a carry-on with wheels
3 - don't fly if you have another option
Friday, September 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a pain! I hate airports, but I love flying. But then, I haven't had a chance lately, so it doesn't really matter! I'm glad you're home safe and sound.
Post a Comment