I took Abby outside three times today. I took her outside yesterday but since she's using training pads, she doesn't really understand what we're out there for. It's all just a big adventure. Well, today she actually went for me, twice. I think I scared her with my enthusiasm when she did a number 2. I was just ecstatic not to have to clean a mess off the tile floor!
Mom was in quite a bit more pain today, especially when walking. She is also having trouble getting truly comfortable. She had her first physical therapy appointment. I am so very proud of her for doing her exercises and her ice regimen. She promised me she would be a better patient this time around and she has kept her word.
I carried several necklaces to MLB that BBL hand-made. I saved them for today after Mom's physical therapy so she would have something positive afterwards. She picked the one I thought she would. She even let me take a picture of her - and that's saying something.

I spent about an hour at the pool. It was a gorgeous day. I didn't do much swimming. There was an older couple in the pool and the man very adamantly told me that he enjoyed the pool when it was quiet and calm. I didn't want to disturb him, so I just tread water in the deep end for awhile. We ended up chatting. Their names were Jeff and Bonnie. He used to drive a truck for Sam's and Wal-Mart, carrying their frozen food and milk, etc. I think he had a fine time regaling me about all the water they got when Fay came through.
I fixed the Rosemary-Lemon chicken for dinner with potatoes and green beans. It was good, but I think the chicken is tastier grilled then baked.
I finally decided to take a picture of Baby, Mom's other cat. She spends 90% of her time on top of Mom's fridge. She reminds me of the Asian belief in house guardian spirits, the whole Shinto thing. I guess that makes her 'Guardian of the Food'. She has scared me many times, especially first thing in the morning, because she is so quiet that I forget she's there!

No comments:
Post a Comment