D and I spent a relaxing weekend at home. With the overtime we've been working, it was nice just to chill out for awhile. Looks like next month is going to be really busy too. I think October is my favorite month, but there is always too much going on.
Reconnected with KC from CNC on Facebook. She's in Miami now. I wish I had known that, maybe we could have met up when I was in Melbourne a few weeks ago. My cousin MB also friended me. I told him we had to get together soon.
Spent a large portion of my computer time on last.fm. I am totally addicted to it now. It's so much better than the iTunes store because you can hear complete tracks not just 30sec samples. Listened to quite a few female jazz/standard singers, setting up a playlist for NaNoWriMo. Trying to cultivate a fondess for Lady Day but it's just not happening. Ella is okay, I especially enjoy her duets with Louie. My favorite is still Julie London. What a voice. She's not authentic to my time period, but I figure that's OK as long as it gets me in the proper mindset.
Monday, September 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment