Saturday, August 2, 2008

Wonderful Weekend

Yesterday I received my 10 Year Service Award. JH made some comment about anyone who does Customer Service for 10 years is committed or needs to be... and maybe he's right. I am a little crazy to stay in this profession - it doesn't make me happy. I can't believe I've been with them for this long. I only took the job to get situated in G'ville. But God has blessed me with my job, especially in this economy. I am so grateful that D and I can carpool and only have one car payment, less insurance, less gas and more time together.

This morning I laid out in the sun for a little while. Last chance to work on the tan before the beach. My shoulders are dark but my legs are still pale. I'll never figure that out. Anyway, one week from now we'll be watching a sunset and enjoying some mighty fine company.



For Brunch we made pancakes from scratch using this recipe. They were SO very, very good - very fluffy. We bought some fresh blueberries for D's pancakes. Mine were plain, just like I like them. For Lupper we did huevos rancheros from this recipe.

Tomorrow is the dedication service for our new sanctuary. It's going to be quite the to-do. We're premiering an anthem that was commissioned for us. Hopefully we will do it justice.

No comments: