Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Catchup

I'm behind on my posting.

Monday
The pre-trip insomnia kicked in. Woke up at 3:30AM and wasn't able to go back to sleep until about an hour later. Inventory at work. Blech. It was mind-numbingly boring. JH wouldn't let me help tag so I just sat in my office all day. Thank God I had an internet connection or I would have gone mad.

Tuesday
Woke up at 12:30AM. Took a warm bath and went back to bed.
Everyone who didn't call me on Monday called me Tuesday. Everything I couldn't do on Monday was due Tuesday. I worked like a dog and was completely wound up when I went home. Found out that Mom has to have surgery on her other knee, which she was hoping to avoid. We had a nice chat on the phone. We're going to wear our matching hats on Saturday so we can spot each other. Vegetated in front of the TV to wind-down.

Wednesday
Had a horrible, bloody, zombie nightmare and sat straight up in bed at 6AM. I was able to lay back down and had a second dream that one of the ladies in our choir was singing. It was very calming to me and peaceful. Another CRAZY day at work, trying to tie up all the loose ends before I go out next week. Mom wired me the money for my plane ticket and D was able to book a flight for me. It was cheaper to book in Charlotte and fly to Atlanta then to book in Atlanta - less driving (and gas too). Talked to K about FMLA paperwork. She said she'll take care of everything. That's a relief. Talked with Mom again tonight, mostly about E. I am so very proud of all that Mom has done for her. It takes a special person to be around nursing homes and hospitals when you start traveling down the road towards the end. It brought up memories of when Daddy passed away. I wish I had been more involved, more active with everything during his last days. I was young and very newly married but I shouldn't have been so self-absorbed.

Exercise: 1 mile (incline 6). Couldn't get in the mood. Did just enough to work off dinner.

No comments: