This morning D and I were awakened early by a mystery sound in our bedroom. D went up in the attic and then below the house but still couldn't identify it. He's hoping the demon chipmunks haven't gotten into the walls. Our favorite theory right now is that the Magnolia tree has a branch touching the roof. We spent so much time hunting for the source of the sound that we felt rushed. All we packed for lunch was some left-over homemade Pimento cheese and crackers. Luckily, JH shared his pizza with us. It was still hot and fresh, he said he was eating it as he was driving down the road. I worry about him.
Watered the garden again this morning. The peppers are looking sun-scorched and even though we water, the plants still look a little wilted at night due to this heat. I can tell it's affecting the birds too. Yesterday I peeked outside around dusk and there were five or six of them on the birdbath having a pool party. I've never seen that type of activity since we've lived here. I've seen a Mockingbird 3 days in the row. I think it might be the parent of the fledgling we saw on the porch a few weeks ago. We've never had Mockingbirds as regulars before, but I like them and I hope they stay.
D says the Tumbling Tom tomato is beginning to turn colors. I'm so excited, I can't wait for garden-ripe tomatoes! They wouldn't give us tomatoes at Taco Bell yesterday and I've read that McDonalds has stopped serving them too due to the Salmonella scare.
I finally cooked the fowl tonight - made a Plum Chicken recipe from Williams & Sonoma. I thought with the fresh ginger it would have more of a kick, but it was pretty tame. On the plus side, it was the most tender white meat I've had in quite some time. We didn't eat 'til around 8. I was so tired and hungry that I forgot to take a picture of it.
Monday, June 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment