My lilies are blooming! They're so pretty. Too bad they only last for a day in this heat.
D and I picked up some more Azodyl for Alex this morning, dropped off a load of books at Merovan and then went grocery shopping. Got a really good deal on chicken at Publix, will fix it for tomorrow's lunch.
We made a fancy dinner tonight in anticipation of Big Brown's Triple Crown win. D made homemade Pimento Cheese which we put on celery. I made Shrimp and Turkey Salad on Croissants. We also had Shirley Temples made with Sierra Mist Free. Desert was Ms. Smith's Cherry Cobbler a la mode. Yum.
I think most people who watched Big Brown run in the Derby and Preakness could see something was wrong halfway through the Belmont. He didn't look himself. I hope he's OK. I really thought this was the horse to do it.
I found out something new about my treadmill tonight. It only registers 999 calories and then starts over. I walked 5 miles tonight, the most I've ever walked at one stretch. 1096 calories burned. Yay me!
No comments:
Post a Comment