Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Long Day!

I called JH to check on him and he had just finished making arrangements for his mother's headstone. It cost him $2800. At lunch D and I talked about funerals. We've discussed plans before, I guess it was just on my mind. I absolutely HATE memorial gardens. We pass one every day and every day I think about how ugly it is. I used to think that I wanted a large, ornate, gothic, marble headstone. But in the last few years I've changed my mind. Sometimes I think I'd like to be cremated and scattered. I guess it was seeing videos of cremation celebrations in Hawaii on Youtube that made me realize it could be a beautiful thing. But now I've read some articles about green cemeteries and maybe that's the way to go. They bury you in a shroud or natural wood coffin and your only marker is either a tree or a natural-looking stone. The cemeteries look like forests. There's a place here in SC not too far away, I'll keep it in mind.

D's getting overtime so we didn't get home until around 8PM. I don't mind, it lets me get some quality reading time in. I'm halfway through The Cave now. They ordered-in Zaxby's at work for dinner. I feel like I've eaten badly all day (except for breakfast). Must do better tomorrow.

Came home and decided to make Pumpkin Bread for JH when he returns to work tomorrow. Of course, we made a loaf for us too! New recipe, can't wait to see how it turns out. It uses coconut milk and no eggs. I put about three times too much baking powder in it (I misheard which measurement D said to use, at least that's the official decision).

Cyd Charisse passed away. When I saw her dance with Gene Kelly in Singing In the Rain I was blown away. She was so beautiful and such a talented dancer. I think of her legs every time I'm on the treadmill and want to quit.

Received my Etsy order today - a little zippered change purse thingy I'm going to use to hold my keys and ID while I'm at choir practice. Will try it out tomorrow.

Today I was linking up with LT people on BM and found a Greenville resident, just out of the blue. She sounds nice - of course, most book people are.

No comments: