Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Alex's Bad Day

Took Alex to the vet today to have his teeth cleaned again. He was awake when we picked him up but it took a little longer for him to regain his full sense of balance. The vet said that his stomach might be iffy from the gas and not to feed him tonight. Alex had other plans. He kept trying to eat off our dinner plates so I gave him just a little food. I think it only made him hungrier. Unfortunately I don't see his oral situation improving in the future. He has to remain on the prescription K/D for his renal disease, he nearly refuses all dry food and putting the oral gel on his teeth is nigh impossible. I've made up my mind to give it a go again this weekend. The vet said that Alex has lesions on three teeth where the enamel is gone and it could cause pain. We might have to take those teeth out in the future.

Tonight we sprawled on the couch and watched The Seeker: The Dark is Rising. Beautiful cinematography, but something was missing in the execution. Now that I've seen the film, I'm going to give the book another read. It didn't make much sense to me the first time around. I'm hoping I can visualize it better with the movie as a reference.

No comments: