Sunday, October 14, 2012

10.14.2012

Chicken was BOGO at the supermaket this weekend - so we bought a two-pack and put up one in the freezer, which left us with one to cook with. D and I decided to grill all three breasts - some for spinach salads, some for sandwiches and some for.... stuffed shells. Yes. D was craving Italian so Chicken & Spinach Stuffed Shells it was. I basically followed this recipe only I halfed the cream cheese and added bell pepper.


I forgot to take a picture of the shells drying out after cooking, but you can just barely see them in this picture with the chicken. These breasts were huge - one made 2 cups of meat, which is what the recipe called for. Must have been big chickens....



The recipe didn't call for cooking the onions (and peppers) before baking, but D and I are picky about our onions. D mentioned we had the colors of the Italian flag represented. Nice!



The filling looked so yummy. We had to keep reminding ourselves there was raw egg in it so we didn't just pop a spoonful in our mouths.



One pan for now, one for the freezer....



The hardest part of this recipe? Waiting for it to finish baking. Yum!

No comments: