You pick up interesting knowledge around the workplace. For instance, I noticed that the big boss (not my immediate supervisor but above him), we'll call him RF, likes candy. Root beer candy to be precise. So, I decided it was time to have myself a candy bowl. Now, I didn't want to make it obvious that the candy was boss-bait, so to speak, so I added some Werthers and some Life Savers as camouflage. Didn't take the man more than two hours and he was over at my desk taking a Dad's Rootbeer barrel. The next day another. The third day he came by twice.
So today he calls me and says he has a terrible craving for a root beer barrel and could I bring him a piece? To his office, all the way across the call center! It was a crazy afternoon but I dropped everything and went to bring the man his sugar fix. And he told me they were hiring me on! It was a lure just to get me into his office. Seems boss-bait works two ways! He said I could expect the formal offer in a few days to be followed by paperwork and the drug testing. He said I had been the perfect, model temp and he was simply thrilled to be hiring me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
way to go! let me know when it's "official". so happy for you!!!
That's the way to play the ole game! Now we can have a REAL celebration when you and Brenda BOTH get hired next week!
(By the way, BROWN NOSER!) :-)
Love ya!
Post a Comment