Wednesday, May 16, 2012

5.16.2012

Well, things continue to go well at work. I am sitting at the desk all by myself. I am answering the phone and placing all the orders and answering associated questions / quotations. In Sealed Air jargon, I am 'running the desk'. I still have a few more official product training sessions to attend. And I still rely on my mentor several times a day, but nevertheless, I am performing. I heard un-officially that her last day in the Consumer group is Friday. So, I hope to be officially hired-on soon.

A friend that I made in Accounting (Deduction Resolution, thank you) came by and got very excited that I was sitting by myself. She doesn't have a 'soft' volume setting. The entire Consumer group got very, very quiet. I pointed out that my mentor was sitting at an empty cube about 10ft away. But it didn't diminish her enthusiasm. My mentor came over later and said I should be proud to be running the desk. I am, but it's still very new and can be scary at times. I know confidence will come in time.

1 comment:

HymnSinger said...

So Accounting=Deduction Resolution?
I like it!