Thursday, March 8, 2012

3.8.2012

Work continues to be challenging and interesting.

One lady stopped me in the bathroom and complimented my hair. Then she stopped another lady and asked her if she agreed that my hair was nice. Then when I got back to my trainer, I was told that the same lady had stopped by to say that she liked my hair. It was flattering but also a little creepy too.

I was invited out for dinner with the four ladies in the Consumer group I am training with (and will eventually become a part of). They said the company would pick up the tab as a 'team-building' exercise. So we'll have a Girl's Night Out some time next month. They also invited me to do a 5K with them as a team sometime in May. I'm excited about that.

I'm becoming more familiar with the product and can almost tell the difference between Cell-Aire and Fill-Air and New Air without looking at the brochure. I never knew the packaging world was so big.

Got home to find a book in the mailbox from a publisher wanting a review and I couldn't have cared less about the book, I was too busy looking at the mailer. Sure enough, it was one of ours. A Sealed Air Jiffy Rigi Bag. I'll be placing orders for these eventually!


Two co-workers mentioned my computer bag today. Apparently the previous generation bag is more square in nature, not rounded. And it's all black, not two-tone. It is a very attractive bag, even if it does have a dozen zippers on it. I think its best feature is the CN tag I added, which has my name and phone number on the back. I keep fielding questions on the eagle and like any alumna, I'm proud to explain. My back is not too happy about lugging this thing to-and-from the office every day. The Dell feels like a brick. My MacBook is so much lighter!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

have you considered a luggage pull (not sure what they're called) to possibly save your back & shoulders? maybe something to consider down the road...
xxoo

HymnSinger said...

Sounds like you are doing great! Wish the same luck would happen for your mother-in-law!