Wednesday, December 21, 2011

12.21.2011

I recently had Christmas lunch with RidgewayGirl. We always gift books to each other because books are our common denominator. Her wishlist is huge and I saw one on there from her favorite author but I also knew she had already read and reviewed it. I took a gamble that she had checked it out from our library and got it for her. But because there was a possibility she already owned it, I picked a second book - and that one was a shot in the dark. Turns out, she didn't own the first and she loved the second one - even squealed when she unwrapped it - which was very satisfying to me!

She intentionally did not look at my wishlist (very her) and my new acquisition will be an interesting read. It's Death Comes to Pemberley by P.D. James, an Agatha Christie type mystery using Jane Austen's characters from Pride & Prejudice.

What I love most about Ridgeway is her sense of humor and that was evident in the envelope for the card she included. Just one more reminder that we started out as "virtual friends" on the internet many moons ago. I'm so glad I took a chance and met her and became her "real life" friend because she increases the joy in my life.



No comments: