Monday, December 19, 2011

12.18.2011

Sunday was a really good day. The choir and orchestra were given the day off and our C4 class decided to meet at Panera. Yum. We also reflected on the meaningful things of the past year.

Afterwards, D and I went to the mall. It actually wasn't too crazy.

Towards the end of the afternoon we headed over to Christ Church Episcopal, one of the historic churches in downtown G'ville. I had always wanted to go inside and we had an invitation to the Sing-Along Messiah.





There are some ornately carved stones in the cemetery which surrounds the sanctuary.



The sanctuary lived up to my expectations! I didn't even try to capture the pipe organ in the back because I was mesmerized by the stained glass. Magnificent!





I could never pay attention to a sermon surround by these. Good thing it was a musical evening. I had brought along Daddy's score, which has the tenor highlighted in blue. The congregants were asked to sing on the choruses. I know he was singing along with us.


Afterwards we ate at Red Robin with friends from our C4 class who also attended. I had a great time.

No comments: