Saturday afternoon we arrived early at church so the brass ensemble could practice for the funeral once more. Three ministers made remarks, there were two soloists, we sang two hymns and the ensemble played four songs. The service ran nearly two hours. We did an honor guard like we did for WR in April. I think it's a nice gesture and I'm honored to do it, but it's hard emotionally.
During the early service today I was reminded of one of the stories CS shared at the funeral. She said DS would be on 'peek patrol' when they prayed in their house. If you opened your eyes during prayer he would tattle on you. She warned us that he was in the big-league 'peek patrol' now. This morning I wasn't sure when the choir was supposed to exit the loft, so during the offertory prayer I looked over to see if the first row was moving down the stairs. I instantly thought of DS and smiled.
No comments:
Post a Comment