We received word last night that one of our friends, DS, has died in a parasailing accident in FL. It's so surreal - D and I have done that very thing! Although we were tandem and the article says that DS and SS weren't. That makes me sad because they weren't together at the very end and thankful too, that she's alive. I just don't understand how going down into the water killed him because we did that on our ride. We even remarked how nice and cool floating in the water was because it was hot up in the sunshine.
We sit near his family in the balcony on Sundays and even after he quit playing tuba in the orchestra, we saw him regularly. I still remember his wedding and eating ice cream at his reception. I just can't believe he's gone. We just lost one friend in April, and now another...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment