Wednesday, April 13, 2011

4.13.2011

Well, so much for my plan to blog more. With rehearsals leading up to the Easter dramusical at church this weekend, it's made for a challenging schedule. I am not used to singing three hours a day and late at night, too. Thank goodness Bi-Lo is open until 11PM or we would have no groceries in the house.

Had a check-in with our GP. I've been taking weekly Zumba classes with her and she was ecstatic that I had finally broken the weight plateau I had been on. I think walking an additional hour a day helped too. According to her fancy-schmancy computer software, I'm am no longer classified as obese! I never thought I'd be so happy to hear that I am simply overweight, but it is nice to cross that line. The BMI calculators on the web still say I'm obese, but I think I'll go with what she says, as she's the doctor. BMI is such a fuzzy metric anyway.
I'm averaging half-a-pound a week, not a full pound (which is my Livestrong goal), but she said my progress was fine. We did a little dance to celebrate and she gave me a hug. In addition to my continued goal of obtaining a healthy weight, she challenged me to increase my consumption of fruits and veggies, something she needs to work on herself. I've never had a doctor ask me what my goals are or to work with me as an accountability partner... it's nice.

2 comments:

HymnSinger said...

That is SOOOOO GREAT! We can share something about the fruits and veggies since that is what we spent eight weeks learning about at FUrman. Now I have to increase my activity level. At least I have passed the 300 mark the correct way, going down! Just got to get moving, and that HURTS!

Anonymous said...

so-o-o-o proud of you!!! I know it's so hard; the weight seems to creep up so quickly, only to stay there & be such a struggle to get off. I'm more over my goal weight than I like right now, but trying to eat right/exercise. guess it's just one of those life-time, daily mental awareness/opportunities to improve oneself. at least for me it is... luv you much!
xxoo