Yesterday D and I saw Inception and it was excellent! No surprise, of course, because Christopher Nolan rarely lets us down. Then we had dinner at Portofino's, which I always forget about because it's clear across town, but the drive is worth it for the wonderfully romantic atmosphere. I had the tortellachi again. I'm hungry just thinking about it.
D is off to Charlottesville with our plant manager for the yearly review with the bigwigs. It's good exposure for him and I know he'll do fine but I already miss him so much. Between D's training in NC earlier this year, my visit with Mom in April and now this trip, we've spent more time away from each other this year than any other year in our marriage. At least we will have some quality time together next month. I am so looking forward to it.
Mom sent a sweet card to tell me she was thinking of me while I was by myself this week. I made an effort to reach out and be social so I wouldn't be alone. I'm going out for dinner with my biblestudy ladies on Tuesday and then RidgewayGirl and I are having a write-in at Starbucks one night later in the week. Another one of my LT friends, jonesli, is having a readathon with me today. She reads twice as fast as I do, but we have similar tastes, which makes for nice conversations.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
saw "Inception" Fri week ago - also thought it was excellent! am proud you're getting out - challenges = opportunities...
Post a Comment