Saturday, July 10, 2010

7.10.2010

What a testament to spousal devotion. Today I agreed to accompany D to Haywood Mall for the opening of the new Apple Store. We arrived about thirty minutes before the doors opened and amused ourselves on the walk in by counting Apple stickers on the cars in the parking lot. When we opened the doors to the Mall we saw this:


I thought, okay, nice line. What I didn't understand was this was only line#1!

The store employees ran down the hallway like cheerleaders, hyping everyone up, chanting A-P-P-L-E and high-fiving at random. It was a little much. Things got a little tense when someone cut in line ahead of us and someone behind us took exception. Luckily there were no fisticuffs and the offender left the line.

Line#2


Line#2 looking across at Line#3:


And then we were inside the Apple Store. Yay!


They gave us free t-shirts. I was hoping for the Think Different logo but they just said Haywood Mall. At least we didn't pay anything for them. D wore the Apple shirt I got him a few years ago and he was the only person I saw wearing the old-school logo. My man.

D and I have played with the iPads in Best Buy and we like the games. This time we played Air Hockey. D won, only because I kept knocking the puck into my own goal!


We were surprised and disappointed that they weren't offering any discounts. Bummer. Back to surfing ebay.

No comments: