Sunday, May 2, 2010

5.2.2010

My I-want-to-do-that list is extensive so it makes me happy when I can cross off more than one thing at a time. Yesterday while D was at a leadership conference at church, I got an opportunity to do some cooking. And I was able to wear the new apron Mom gave to me.

I've had Giada's cookbook for several months but haven't gotten around to making anything out of it. Finally I said enough was enough and made what I had all the ingredients for: Salsa All'Amatriciana.


Back in January, as I was reading the Smitten Kitchen blog, I discovered telephone cord pasta (long Fusilli). Unfortunately I don't always have the kind of pasta shapes that are available to Deb up in New York City. But luck was with me this week and I happened upon a bag in Whole Foods.




This pasta is really fun to eat. It holds the sauce better than I thought it would. And the sauce! When you first place it on your tongue you taste the creaminess of the cheese and then the saltiness of the bacon. Then at the back of your mouth the red pepper flakes bring out just a little heat. It's really, really good. D and I like it better than Arribbiata sauce. In fact, we enjoyed it so much I forgot to take a picture of it!

1 comment:

HymnSinger said...

That sounds way too good! When can WE expect some? :)