Friday, April 30, 2010

4.30.2010

Yesterday D and I left work at 4:30 to go and pick up the Kia. The garage replaced the crank sensor. We were very pleased that they were able to repair it in one day. We were on our way to the airport to return the rental car when the Kia's check engine light came on. D was in front of me so I honked the horn and stopped the car. When I put it into park the car made a growl sound. The gear shift felt really loose, like there were no stops from one gear to the other. D said he heard the growl from inside the rental car.

So we went back to the garage. At which point my blood pressure was sky high. D said I looked really flushed. They had a stack of magazines a foot thick on the table. I love magazines. Love them. But I was just too upset to read. They said the error code the Kia gave them was for the throttle, so they cleaned it and sent us on our way again. And by that I mean the mechanic came out and said "just drive it and we'll see." I think my jaw dropped open. I work in a repair group and if I ever said that to a customer, the big boss would be all over me. We'll see what? If I end up stranded on the side of the road again? I like the garage we use but I don't think they should let their mechanics speak to the customers. We don't at work. It's better that way.

So we drove back to the airport and returned the rental car. The Kia seems OK. Finally got home around 7:30. Just in time to eat a sandwich and watch my shows. I needed the relaxation. In fact, I was falling asleep during Supernatural. I must have been really exhausted because I hadn't seen the boys in three weeks and I was so excited about catching up.

No comments: