Tuesday, March 23, 2010

3.23.2010

It's a shame that Girl-Scout Cookie season is over. D and I have really been enjoying having Afternoon Tea with lemon-flavored shortbread. It makes us feel so continental.


Luckily, I have an inside contact. I met RidgewayGirl for lunch today and she handed over the last of the Lemonades. I felt conspicuous leaning into the trunk of her SUV with cash in my hand, like it was some kind of drug buy.
The last four times we met it was either raining or snowing, which always makes us nervous about bringing books to swap, but it was beautiful weather today. We probably won't get back together until the book sale in late April so instead of just a beverage we decided to have lunch at Sweet Basil. It was very tasty and it was a nice reprieve from the horribly stressful day I was having at work. Afterwards, the day did not improve but I can't expect much since it's end-of-quarter. I'm beginning to look forward to two weeks in Florida!

2 comments:

HymnSinger said...

You just think that the season is over! It just started here at SHARE! How many cartons can I put you down for? :-)

Anonymous said...

hi sweetie,
I'm so very much looking forward to your being in FL here with me too & us having some special "girl time" together. I know weee'll have a great time in spite of circumstances...

much luv
xxoo