Friday, March 19, 2010

3.19.2010

Yesterday, as I was tagging some old blog posts, I was thinking of how it's been nearly a year since we lost our beautiful Alex. I had the idea that I should do something to honor the first anniversary of his passing. I wasn't dwelling on it, in fact I didn't even mention it to D. So, it absolutely blew me away when RS came to me today at work and asked me if it wasn't about a year ago when Alex passed away. I think I just stood there in shock when he said that. It was like he plucked the thought right out of my head. It must have showed on my face because he started apologizing to me, saying that he hadn't meant to upset me. Then he asked if I remembered the piece he wrote last year which used Alex as the main character. I told him of course I remembered, I was so honored when he did that. Then RS explained that he's been working on the sequel to the first book and he has started writing another piece with Alex in it. He wants to have it finished for the anniversary as a tribute to Alex. I am so touched that he would even think of that. And the timing just gave me goosebumps. Sometimes people can surprise you in the nicest ways.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

V,
a very nice honor, indeed! am especially thinking about you at this time of Alex's anniversary... I still very much miss Rocky (4 yrs), Ariann & Michaela (1+ yrs). strange, I seem to think about them/miss them more than I do Muffin, whom I loved dearly when I had her, but it's been about 8 yrs, so perhaps time does help, at least some... they were all so special in their own way, as was your beautiful Alex.
xxoo