Sunday, February 28, 2010

2.28.2010

I've been procrastinating on having my hair done but considering my fortune yesterday, I thought it was time.


My hair has been driving me crazy for months. It was very long and thick, which meant it got very tangled. I was having to use a large amount of goop to manage it and I was tired of dealing with all of that. Part of the reason I had waited so long to go to a salon is that I hate them. In my experience, very few stylists know how to cut curly hair properly and they always butcher me. They don't understand how springy my hair is and they chop off too much or worse, I end up with triangle head. The other reason I waited is that I was considering having some color again. The hair on the crown of my head gets so blonde - I lose all definition on my curls and it just looks like frizz.

So I bit the bullet and called a salon in Simpsonville. It turns out the owner did me herself. She's done hair for 30 years, she taught hair in New York and she has 5 color 'degrees'. I felt that I was in capable hands. No triangle head!



Then we headed off to Columbia. D played with RDM's Wii while TEM and I spent a few hours shopping. After browsing through shoes and baby clothes, we attacked the candy kiosk. I've never seen gummy butterflies before. This one matched me perfectly. I couldn't tell if it was blueberry or blue raspberry or what, but it was tasty.


It's been at least 15 years since we've hung out at a mall together and even back then, we didn't get pedicures. It felt so good to turn on the massage chairs and soak our feet! I chose a red polish - it was called A Quarter of a Cent-Cherry.


Later we had chili for dinner and checked out how the nursery is coming along. Even though she was tired and uncomfortable, TEM looked so beautiful. Only 10 weeks to go!


It was a long drive back - D and I found an 80s station and managed to keep ourselves awake. I crashed so hard when we got home. We couldn't even sleep in this morning because D led the orchestral prelude this morning in church. I love watching D conduct.

No comments: