Monday, January 11, 2010

1.11.2010

This morning D and I got up early and went out in the cold to the swim in the gym's indoor pool. The water wasn't warm, but it wasn't cold either. It was just tolerable. So I did a few free-style laps and then when I couldn't lift my arms anymore (which were sore from the weight training yesterday) I frog-paddled. I told myself that as long as I kept moving it was still a positive thing.

I hate this cold weather. All I want to eat is warm comfort food. Stews, roasted meat, bubbling casseroles. I just cannot sit down to a lettuce salad to save my life. Tonight we have a meatloaf bubbling away in the oven and there's mashed potatoes too. I am so ready to eat!

Last night I discovered that I have a new favorite (non-chocolate) Ben & Jerry's flavor. It used to be Karamel Sutra. But there's a new kid on the freezer shelf... Ginger Snap. And it's sooooo good. Ginger Snap is currently a limited edition. I do hope they make it a regular.

1 comment:

HymnSinger said...

Your last two posts have sounded good enough to eat! B & I are doing the diet thing. I'm having the salad you couldn't bring yourself to eat. I'd RATHER have the meatloaf and mashed potatoes, not to mention the Ben & Jerry's!