As is our October tradition, D and I stocked our Netflix queue with several 'spooky' movies this month. We watched Bela Lugosi in White Zombie and The Return of the Vampire. I still can't believe they turned The Phantom of the Opera into a slasher film, but who better to play the fiend himself than Robert Englund? We thought he did a decent job of it. Lady in White was a nice, unconventional ghost story but the pacing started to drag horribly and it seemed to have three or four endings. Being the director's first film, that wasn't surprising. And last but certainly not least, we finished off an entire season of Fringe (including six episodes just last night - six!). I think we can officially call ourselves fans of the show now.
I have also been reading The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson.
I didn't think these stories had had any effect on me at all but they must have percolated through my brain. After D went to orchestra practice, I started washing dishes and I kept hearing noises in the kitchen, very close to me. I told myself it was just all the spooky stuff I had been exposed to lately. But it was really bothering me. So, I started paying attention to it. Eventually I opened the cabinet under the sink to find.... water in our pots. Yep, there's a leak all right. At least it wasn't my overactive imagination playing tricks!
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment