Saturday, October 24, 2009

10.24.2009

This morning I met RidgewayGirl in G'ville for the FOL booksale. I love book hunting with a buddy who is just as book-crazy as I am. It's a good thing the FOL only holds these sales every six months because we are dangerous in there! But it was so much fun. Afterwards we had a nice salad at Ruby Tuesdays.

Feni greeted me at the stoop when I came home! He has improved much overnight. Of course, he is high as a kite on the Dexamethasone Dr. R prescribed. I wonder how he will do when we lower his dosage on Monday.

We found out this week that we will have house guest(s) for Thanksgiving. D and I came to the conclusion that we really need to finish the bathroom remodel. As I'm going to be busy with NaNo in November, most of the work needs to be completed in the next week. This evening D and I worked for hours on the outlet in the bathroom and we have finally restored the hall light! If we had a bottle of champagne in the house we probably would have opened it. I am so proud of D. He was so frustrated but he finally figured out what the problem was. He is so smart. The more work we do on the house and more wiring I see, the more concerned I become. I'm not sure what building codes were like thirty years ago but I certainly pray they are more stringent now.... Tomorrow, more paneling.

No comments: