Sunday, September 6, 2009

9.6.2009

Was a horrible week at work. No techs, no boss, just little ol' me answering the phone. I had some very persistent customers and no way to please them. And since we weren't repairing or shipping anything, I didn't make a single dollar for the bottom line. My boss is determined not to lose his vacation time and there are two more idle weeks left, so in the remaining months of the year he's going to be out four or five weeks. Should be interesting.

Yesterday D and I went to Columbia to be with the M's. Went to the movies then grilled burgers. We always enjoy whatever R cooks for us, one of the perks of knowing a chef! Played Mexican Train Dominoes. I could not win a game to save my life and then something clicked for me and I won three in a row. We were so sleepy on the drive back. It wasn't until this morning I realized that I hadn't snapped one single picture while we were there. Bummer.

D and I had a chicken in the fridge we needed to use so we decided to have our Labor Day grill-out tonight. We made Scarborough Chicken (Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme) with potatoes and a green salad. It's so fascinating how the butter melts off but leaves the herbs under the skin. D said it reminded him of Chicken Kiev. Frankly, I enjoy Kiev better than the Scarborough but it's nice to try something different.


No work tomorrow. The hammock is calling and I have several books to read. I love the anticipation and excitement of a NaNoWriMo project. I've got notes all over the place. I need to collect them and put together an outline and a chronology. Last year my song playlists didn't really work for me. But this story is more modern and I think the music I've chosen is going to work much better. I'm looking forward to November.

No comments: