Thursday, September 17, 2009

9.17.2009

Last month when Mom was here we ate at The Mellow Mushroom, home of the Kosmic Karma, currently my Favorite (with a capital F) pizza. Our waiter had on a shirt that I really, really wanted. They didn't have any left in the stockroom and although he has sold his own personal shirts before, his was rather big for me. Sad but not deterred, I went to the website. No shirt. As a desperate last measure, I clicked the link provided and sent an email off to oblivion. I made sure to note as many details about the shirt as I could. I told them how fond I was of that particular shirt and how much I loved their pizza. In fact, I had just taken my extended family out to their restaurant to share in my adoration of the pie. The email that came back was from their marketing guru. She said unfortunately they no longer sold that particular shirt, however, there was - one - left and she would send it to me free of charge. She also mentioned that it was an XL. Never one to look a gift horse in the mouth, I thanked her profusely and provided my address. I had really wanted a Large. I made a vow to myself to stop wearing overly large clothes but I was secretly hoping that if I washed it in scalding hot water that it would shrink. If nothing else, I could sleep in it. Week after week went by and no package came. I shrugged it off thinking it was a free shirt, so at least I wasn't out any money. Today my shirt arrived. It just happens to be a Large after all. That's Kosmic Karma for you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

FANTASTIC! how cool!

xxoo

HymnSinger said...

That's great! Nothing like a good surprise in the mail to make your day!