Tuesday, August 25, 2009

8.25.2009

It's the annual food drive at work. I guess the ice cream and bake sale wasn't bringing in enough cash because management has decided to sell off the extra office furniture. They like to score high on the donor list corporate sends out. Just one more positive to look at whenever the bigwigs start looking. So D and I made a contribution and picked out two chairs. It was kind of depressing to look at all that unused office furniture, especially the fact that each set represented another co-worker who had been laid off. On the positive side, I needed a chair for my desk at home. The cast iron patio chair I was using gets really cold in the winter time.
The other good news that we received at work today is that both D and I have confirmation from our managers that the two of us will be working next week when the plant is idle. My manager doesn't even get to work, but I do. It's strange that the two of us are "coded" that special way and that we get to work when others don't. Only inside I know it's not strange. It's the Lord's blessing. I feel gratitude today.

1 comment:

HymnSinger said...

If I had known about the sale I would have gotten you to get me an office chair! God is watching over you! I just wish he would smile over at us once in a while!