We packed the cooler with bologna sandwiches and egg salad sandwiches. I don't understand why egg salad is heaven on the beach but it always is.
My beach read... Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. Such an improvement on the original. D read something about space pirates. From the way he was laughing it sounded fun.
We frolicked a little in the surf but I've never been good on a body board. We also played catch for awhile but began to get too much sun so we moved to the indoor pool. I love visiting the beach in the mornings and evenings but afternoons are always room-time for me. D said he could tell we had Hispanic maids because every day the TV was changed from Food Network back to Telemundo.
After it cooled off a little D and I went for a long walk on the beach and fed the shorebirds the ends of the loaf of sandwich bread.
We chose to have our fancy meal at The Oceanic. It's the only restaurant on the ocean on Wrightsville Beach. It has a long pier out to the water but the wait time was twice what it was for an indoor table. At least we had a bank of windows and we still had a nice view. We split the Oceanic Deluxe Platter which had fresh Mahi Mahi (grilled), scallops, sauteed shrimp, a crab cake and confetti Orzo. The fish was really good. The scallops were tender. The crab cake was amazing - it was the best crab cake either one of us have ever tasted! Dessert was Key Lime Tart.
D makes me feel beautiful and I think it shows.
1 comment:
hi "honeymooners"!
sounds like you're having lots of fun - I'm glad! 2 things your M requests for "our" adoption b'day - a "good" quality pic of you & D from TEM's wedding [the 1 on the beach with you in your sundress, D in his kakki shorts/hawaiian shirt; printed a copy, but I'm not good at it, ya know, so altho I luv it, it's mediocre quality) & a good-quality pic of your BEAUTIFUL pic above by yourself. and yes, you are very beautiful!
luv ya both bunches!
xxoo
Post a Comment