Sunday, June 21, 2009

6.21.2009

The storms last week showed D and I that we had too much leaf accumulation on the left side of the yard. So Saturday morning we hauled leaves to the curb for pickup. D's always said that he wants to do some landscaping there so I finally capitulated. We went to Lichtenfelt's to look at plants. I never knew mountain laurel was so expensive. Maybe the next time we go hiking we should stick a shovel in the trunk (just kidding).

Today the family gathered at Furman for a Father's Day cookout, which was a fantastic idea. I brought Daddy's peanut butter pie. Only on D suggestion, instead of regular cool whip I substituted chocolate cool whip. It tasted like Reese peanut butter cup pie instead.


I think LRL likes his eagle. We knew it was supposed to be his the moment we saw it.

1 comment:

HymnSinger said...

I can't wait to find the right place to "fly my bird."