Last night's Upper Room service was good, as expected. My favorite part is when RH describes Judas and he throws a chair away from the table. Of course, this year the decoration committee didn't use chairs, just benches. So he threw a bench. I've seen him do that at least three times. It just doesn't feel like we've been at FBC that long. I've always enjoyed the way they do the Lord's Supper: in small groups with real bread. D got a kick out of our Deacon, whose instructions were "Take. Drink. All of Y'all."
I stayed for choir practice. I haven't been going lately, for several reasons, but largely because of my social anxiety. I feel so exposed on the front row, especially with the lighting they use in the new sanctuary. Like a deer trapped in headlights. So last night I asked RK if he would tolerate me on the second row. He smiled and said I could sit anywhere I wanted to as long as I come back and sing. I'm glad I got up my nerve and asked. We'll see how this goes. I got to hear the trumpets practicing for Easter morning and I'm so excited! You don't often hear 7 trumpets playing at the same time. I can tell it's going to be really special. I already have goosebumps.
We didn't get home until around 10PM and then we made brownies for our trip to Columbia later today. We used this recipe out of Body + Soul magazine (thanks Mom) which has sweet potatoes in it. It tastes pretty good - but if I make them again, I'll use less coffee.
Thursday, April 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hooray for getting back in the "sing" of things! Bren and I BOTH get to start part time employment Monday! We are excited to have some normalicy at long last. Now to make it to full time for me!
Plus, one trumpet player was missing. There should be EIGHT trumpets Easter Morning!!
yay! for you - I'm proud of you for "taking care of Vickie" once again. "you don't know if you don't ask", right? Happy Easter & good eats! staying home now, didn't suit for me to visit. luv, M
Post a Comment