Had a fantastic time today!
My LT buddy, RidgewayGirl, and I went to the FOL book sale. We spent four hours there - at one point just sprawled on the concrete floor with stacks of books around us. The G'ville News photog took pictures of us. It is so fun discussing books with her because we have such disparate tastes. She finished The Brothers Karamazov last week. We're reading our next book together soon, her pick this time. I stayed within my budget and even had 75 cents left over!
It's been a year since I resigned from the FOL and I was a little worried about how some of the people there would treat me. But I have to say, with one exception, they were all very nice to me today. Part of me wonders how much of that was because I had a guest present. But that's very negative thinking, so I'm trying to give them the benefit of a doubt.
After the sale we went to lunch at Chik-fil-A and spent another two hours there! I really enjoyed my morning out. I was familiar with the driving route so I wasn't nervous about getting lost, which helped. I'm beginning to take little steps at doing things by myself. It terrifies me at first but it is rewarding.
D and I spent the afternoon in the hammock. It was the perfect day for it. Not too hot, not too many bugs, not too breezy or noisy. It was lovely.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment