Wednesday, March 4, 2009

3.4.2009

Well, it's March, the last month of winter and I am so glad about that. This FL girl is getting desperate for sunshine. I haven't been sleeping well the last couple of nights so I'm feeling zombie-ish. Usually walking will help me but it's not doing the trick this time. D and I have been walking together using a walk-in-place DVD called Four Fast Miles. It's interesting. D is always good company, he makes me feel like less of an idiot when I'm doing it and he keeps me inspired to keep going when I want to quit.

I'm reading an interesting book right now. The Children of Men by P.D. James. It's set in England in 2021. All humans have become infertile. It details the changes society undergoes as they all age and there are no young. The people become either filled with despair or deeply religious. They let things go like possessions (good) and the environment (bad). It sounds depressing but it's really, really thought provoking not just about children but about life in general, about our world. I wonder what our life will be like in 15 years.

No comments: