Tuesday, February 3, 2009

2.3.2009

Bizarre dreams again this morning. The first was like a 1950s Sea World. The penguins had hardcase plastic or glass diving suits on. There was also a holographic shark movie being shone, which is really too advanced for 1950s. In the second dream I was lost by myself in an airport (not Atlanta), lots of escalators, and a McDonald's where everyone was ordering Wylie ice tea. They were all very specific, Wylie tea. Is there even such a thing?

For breakfast D and I wanted something special since we'll be spending today apart. I found a recipe in the Flat Belly Diet book for Cherry Chocolate waffles. Yes, this is a diet recipe. We toasted Kashi waffles then added a compote of cherries and chocolate chips on top. They were very good. The Kashi waffles are the grain, the cherries are fruit and the chocolate is a MUFA. Very healthy in the right proportions.

Making some headway in The Brothers Karamazov. It's not as difficult as I thought it would be except that the Russians have way too many patronyms for my taste. That does sometimes interrupt the flow of thought and I have to go back and figure out who he's talking about.

1 comment:

Cindy B said...

I remember having the same problem with Brothers Karamazov. It made it seem like there were twice as many characters.

And you really are having some weird dreams! Maybe it's hormones?!