We had our monthly all-employee meeting today and D gave his first presentation in his new EHS role. I could tell he was slightly nervous but I'm not sure if other people knew. I'm very proud of him and how hard he is working.
Had an eye exam today. There was some excitement while I was waiting for my Glaucoma test, they locked us inside the building. Seems some guy robbed the bank across the street. Half the cop cars in South Carolina were blocking the road and no less than three helicopters were buzzing overhead.
The doctor gave my eyes a clean bill of health. He said my optic nerve looked great. My prescription has not changed in the last three exams but I have not had new glasses in ten years. The transitions coating is beginning to bubble and frankly, I'm ready for something new. So I ordered a new pair of glasses. Actually the lady offered to give me 50% off a second pair, so I ended up ordering two. One pair is navy blue on the outside and pale blue on the inside. The other pair is brown on the outside and red on the inside. Naturally, they had to order my lenses. They should be ready in about two weeks.
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment