Friday, January 9, 2009

1.9.2009

Last night we picked up dinner from the hot case at Whole Foods. I tried Acorn Squash for the first time and I liked it! So far I haven't met a squash I haven't liked. I wonder why I'm so hesitant to try more of them?

While we were mulling over the food, D created a new word - Bageno, which is Basil and Oregano. Clever, my D. And always good for a laugh.

Got to speak with BBL for a few minutes on the phone, which was nice. She's excited about school. She asked me what book I was reading right now. Which is a question I don't often get asked by family! Although my LT friends ask me all the time. It made me realize I've been slack in updating my progress here on the A.C. I'm currently reading One Month to Live: 30days to a No Regret Life, a book about changing your mindset and doing what you want to accomplish with your life right now instead of 'someday'. It uses several examples of how people with terminal illnesses have completely changed in a short period of time. I'm not sure if it has convinced me or changed me in anyway, at least not yet. My highest priority goals cannot be accomplished in 30days. But it is a positive book and I think a good one to read in January. January is so optimistic anyway.

Now that it's a new year I have all of my vacation time back and it's burning a hole in my pocket. I am itching to travel, just a weekender or something. I think I'm wearing D's nerves down because I keep asking him where he wants to go and when. But it's been a difficult couple of weeks. My boss has only been in the office 3 hours this week and the week before wasn't much better. When he's not here I get to do both our jobs and it really stresses me out. I guess I just need some escapism.

No comments: