Wednesday, January 21, 2009

1.21.2009

Only got about 2-3 hours of shut eye last night. I was so restless and I know it's stress from work. I finally got out of bed and read in the library. I've finished 9 books so far this year. I'm one-ninth of the way through my 999 Challenge, on track to finish by 09/09/09.

This morning I was going through yesterday's mail and I noticed we got our statements from the retirement account. My 401(K) lost $2500.00 last quarter. Ouch! I mean, I knew from watching the nightly news that the market was taking a hit, I just didn't realize how hard I would feel it.

2 comments:

HymnSinger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
HymnSinger said...

Any way,...I forgot to use spellcheck on the first comment! What I meant to say was...the good thing about the market situation is if your 401K is in mutual funds, at your age there is plenty of time for you to rebound. Using dollar cost averaging, Wall Street is having a sale! If I had some income to put in right now I would sink as much as I could into mutual funds. (Hmm...sounds like I've had some training with a certain financial services group in town! :) )