Saturday, January 17, 2009

1.17.2009

This morning I woke up at 2:30AM and couldn't go back to sleep. By 4AM I was absolutely ravenous (and lonely) so I woke D up. He was so sweet. We made blueberry muffins but D finally told me that he had a sinus headache so I told him to go back to bed. I stayed up and read a little on the loveseat where I apparently dozed off. I woke up around 8AM. D was sitting in the floor beside me, reading. I wish I could sleep the whole night through again.

Back in October D and I picked a couple of pumpkins to decorate our house. They've been sitting out on the porch ever since. I guess the squirrels aren't getting enough acorns because they're eating our pumpkin. They've never done that before. Everyday we come home and peer at it to see how much progress they've made. Looks like it's almost down to the seeds. D and I wonder if we're going to have a wild pumpkin patch this summer.



It's family tradition to make Chicken n' Dumplings on Aunt Cecilia's birthday. We're two days off, but it's the thought that counts, right? I love cooking with D, it's one of the best ways to de-stress and relax on the weekend.


Oooey-Gooey Dumpling Dough




I l-o-v-e this picture of D!



It wouldn't be a family tradition without family present, and it's hard for the two of us to consume that much soup, so we asked LRL and BBL over for dinner. Afterwards we went downtown FI to see the Foothills Philly perform. D didn't play during the Mozart piece so he was able to sit with us for awhile.


I was very proud that GAR asked D to play trumpet on Peter and the Wolf. There is only one trumpet part, even though it's not a major character. Still, kudos to D. That was the first time I've seen PatW performed and I enjoyed it very much. None of my pictures of D came out well. Weird lighting and too many reflective surfaces up on stage. Even though it's slightly blurry, there's something I like about this one. It took us awhile to figure it out, but the beige blur is the bassoon.

No comments: