I decided a few weeks ago that this year was my opportunity try to fix the Broccoli Casserole again. Ever since I started attending family dinners, some fourteen years ago, I have loved the Broccoli Casserole that is always served. When I married D I was given the recipe but I have never successfully made it. This year I scoured the web for recipes and noted they were all nearly identical. I went with Paula Dean's. It was decent but it did not 'wow' me. At least it was edible, unlike it's predecessors.
I promised LRL and BBL that I would capture the Longforest Christmas for them. During the meal they called from Sweden - four days into the trip and they are still without luggage!
The 'Chinese' Christmas swap went over very well. Next year I'll remember how coveted those Subway cards were!
SLF took this picture:
We didn't hang around long because we did something special this year. We drove out to Columbia to see TE and her fiance R. As a special bonus, Mr. E and BJ were there. We had a wonderful night just catching up with them, sitting by the tree munching on peanut butter cookies and playing with Callie. I think we wore her out playing tug. I have the bite marks to prove it! I am so very thankful that TE and I have reconnected. It's the best Christmas present I had. More on those presents later... must take more pictures. I'm blogging from work today (shhhh!)
1 comment:
Thanks for the picture taking. Almost as good as being there.
Post a Comment