Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving, take#2

Today we assembled along with the rest of the clan at Grandmother's for The Feast. This year I thought the food was especially good and, as always, there was plenty of it. D made the Butternut Squash Pie and it was good. I thought the first one was better. To be honest, my favorite dessert was Grandmother's chocolate-covered peanut-butter Ritz crackers. I have been a sucker for those ever since D and I first started dating and he gave one to me out of a care package he got at CNC.



There was also much to do about my nose, as I knew there would be. I wasn't even completely out of the car when Granddaddy hailed me "Come here! I want to have a look at you. I heard you finally got that thing taken off your nose!" I tried to take it all in stride. At least he cares. I feel very thankful to have people who care about me. Even though I no longer have either of my birth parents, I have plenty of family to love. I don't take it for granted any more. Turns out Granddaddy and I share the same Dermatologist. So we swapped nose surgery stories. It seems to me that as you age, you bond with your family in the most unusual ways.

I'm so glad that I have today and tomorrow off of work. I need all the time I can get to write. I have about 12,000 more words to go before Sunday at Midnight. A few days ago I hit a wall and I began to seriously doubt that I would finish NaNoWriMo this year. But then my writing buddies all started lifting me up, giving me encouragement and tough love at the same time. I'm neck-and-neck with RidgewayGirl right now. Every time I log in we've flip-flopped and I get such maniacal glee out of topping her word count.

No comments: