Last year my reward for winning NaNoWriMo was a bag of Newman's Own Orange Chocolate Chip Champion cookies. Those cookies are divine. And no, I didn't share. I turn into a nasty little cookie monster around those things. This year I wanted something different, and being me, the only requirement was that it was chocolate. Luckily, my favorite foodie blog, The Smitten Kitchen, had the answer:
Leite's Consummate Chocolate Chip Cookies. Just reading the description of these cookies made my blood sugar go up. How can any recipe with 1.25 lbs of dark chocolate not be a win-win situation?
D and I made the dough together. He was in charge of the difficult part like sifting the flours together. I was busy getting high off the fumes from the chocolate. We didn't buy enough the first time, so we ended up with a mixture of 60% and 73%. The recipe says to let the dough rest for 24 hours. Needless to say, that didn't happen.
I guess I wasn't paying attention or I just didn't get a good impression of the pictures on the blog, but now I understand why the chips are so big. These cookies are the size of McDonald's cheeseburger patties! It's a good thing we skipped dinner!


No comments:
Post a Comment