Thursday, October 23, 2008

Date Night - The Orient

D and I generally set aside Thursday as our Date Night. The last two Thursdays we've gotten take-out from Chaing-An in S'ville. This week we decided to head to downtown G'ville to visit Mast General Store. We're scoping out things for our hike on Nov 1. Unfortunately Mast was closed. We ate at our usual spot in G'ville, The Orient.



D and I discussed how odd it is that 'our place' always tends to be a Chinese establishment. We haven't come up with a reason for that yet. The Orient is no Wong's (our special place in K'ville) but it's pretty good. We like their portions (not to big) and price (not to expensive). The service has always been excellent. The Chicken and Broccoli I had was okay. I think Chiang-An's tastes better.



It was so cold downtown, the hot tea was really nice to sit down with. I asked the waitress if they sold the tea (meaning tea bags). She told me 'yes' and indicated the cup of tea I had in my hand. Ah yes, the language barrier. At least the fortunes are in English. D's fortune was pretty interesting considering he opened it on a Thursday...

1 comment:

Tolkienphile said...

The Kung-Pao Chicken on the other hand was perfect. A little spicy but not knock you over hot. The peanuts were added after cooking so they weren't slimey. Mmm mmm.

Twas an enjoyable evening.

-------
D