In my opinion the rain on the roof sounds louder in this new sanctuary then in the old one. I think it's because of the skylights in the atrium. We had such great atmosphere tonight. In addition to the rain, they had a guitarist strum really soft hymn arrangements. His name is Rodrigo Rodriguez and he's world famous. It was wonderful. Our friends from Ethiopia have already left so RH was back in the pulpit. Which is fine with me, I've always enjoyed his teaching. He's always been able to connect with me. He challenged us to pray tonight with a stranger, which is really not in my comfort zone, but I did it. The lady I prayed with, Jo, asked me what was on my heart and then prayed for my concerns. Her words brought out my tears. I can't remember the last time I was in church for four days in a row. It's been a long time and I feel like I'm in a special place. But I also feel very tender like God's working on my heart. After the service M&M invited us out to Carolina Fine Foods. After being in the rain I was so looking forward to a hot chocolate but it was a little bland. I enjoyed our time with M&M, always do.
While I enjoyed the prayer conference very much, I'm also glad that it has concluded. I'm not used to such long days, being out at night, etc. Whenever my routine is interrupted I have trouble sleeping so I'm very weary. I'll be glad to catch up on my sleep.
Today I received a package from Mom. I had no idea what was inside, so it was a real treat. Like Christmas came a little early. And what did I find...
Pumpkinmen! (As D and I call them). For a brief moment as I was holding those four boxes I was thinking to myself "and they're all mine. Mine!" Of course I will share with D. If he's good.
THANKS MOM!
Well, I've heard back from four people regarding the NaNoWriMo covers that Yoshi made for me. The 'girl' cover got three votes (including mine), the 'man' cover got two. The girl represents my main character, Janna, so I'll call it the 'Janna' cover. I added it to my page on the NaNo site. I sent a 'halo' icon to Yoshi for going the extra mile but it hasn't shown up on her page yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment