
So today we took him to the vet. They x-rayed him and the good news is that nothing's broken. They don't believe it's cancer because in dogs that normally manifests in the knee, not the ankle. It might be a precursor to arthritis but they don't see any change in bone density. But it's odd that it's only exhibiting on one side. So for now it's kind of a wait-and-see mentality. They put him on an anti-inflammatory and he's got a followup visit scheduled to have another x-ray performed in a month's time. Hopefully we can figure out what's going on with him.
We didn't get home until after 9PM. Tonight at our prayer conference Dr. Mengistu from our sister church in Ethiopia delivered the message. He was a little difficult to understand especially when he was excited. I think I got about 70% of what he had to say. It was nice to hear his testimony. He spoke of reading about the Ethiopians in the Bible. He brought the Bible to his Bishop and pointed out that the Ethiopians were baptized but his Bishop would not baptize him. So Dr. Mengistu baptized himself. He talked about how Ethiopia has been transformed over the past few years. He's got plenty of charisma. What I got from him was a message that is all through the Bible. Do not fear. Do not be afraid to let the Holy Spirit do its work through you.
Right now I'm thinking of Mom. After we got home I downloaded my email and found a message from her that she had Michaela put down today. Mom has traveled such a hard road lately. I wish I was there to hug on her and give her some support. I hope that right now she is able to get some rest, I know today has been rough on her. I will surely miss Michaela, she was such a sweet and beautiful creature.
No comments:
Post a Comment